ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – US Embassy
|CREDENTIAL:||Badge(s); Certificate (free)|
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their language skills and knowledge of business and entrepreneurship at the same time. From identifying an opportunity to planning a persuasive pitch, this course will guide you step-by-step through the basic elements of starting up a new business. Through selected readings and video lectures, you will learn how to use market research to identify risks and opportunities. You will learn how to read and develop a business plan and how to find investors and financial support. Finally, you will learn strategies for making a pitch to present your business concept. This is a self-paced course, which will be open for 12 weeks. Participants can complete coursework at any time during these 12 weeks. The course has 5 modules; each module will require approximately 3-5 hours of work.
Check: Harvard University Free Online Courses
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize and compare strategies for developing a business plan, conducting market research and identifying sources of funding
- Use (common) English phrases associated with communicating business concepts to potential partners, clients and customers with increased accuracy
- Apply linguistic strategies as related to writing effective question forms to conduct market research
- Identify the essential components and language of a business plan
- Use intensifiers and degree complements with increased accuracy to describe competitive advantage more persuasively.
- Use the passive voice with increased accuracy to describe financials
Target Audience: Non-native English speakers interested in professional development to improve their communication skills.
Course is offered by as part of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN), sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. government and administered by FHI 360.
Check this course Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
Senior Technical Officer / Instructor
Jessamyn Embry is a Senior Technical Officer for English Language Acquisition at FHI 360. She has taught and administered English language programs in the United States, France, and India, She holds a BA in International Studies from American University’s School of International Service and an MA TESOL from the SIT Graduate Institute.
Check: Stanford University Free Online Courses
About Canvas Network
Canvas Network is an open space for educators to share, experiment, analyze, and create.
To promote OPENNESS, INNOVATION, and EXPERIMENTATION in education by providing educators access to professional development courses and programs that will help them thrive and succeed in their careers.
To Canvas Network ‘open’ means:
- Open entry and open access. Open entry for learners around the globe and continual access to course content after the course end date.
- Open content. Open licensing options and content sharing to Canvas Commons where other instructors reuse, revise, remix, retain, and redistribute content.
- Open platform and ecosystem. Open platform to integrate and innovate with third-party tools.
- Open data. Open, de-identified Canvas Network data for researchers to analyze and synthesize.
- Platform neutrality. Your course. Your goals. Your way. We provide the platform for open innovation and experimentation.
The course of Fundamentals of Accounting Specialization by the University of Illinois
About US Embassy
What does the US Embassy Do?
The primary purpose of an embassy is to assist American citizens who travel to or live in the host country. U.S. Foreign Service Officers also interview citizens of the host country who wish to travel to the United States for business, education, or tourism purposes.
Course: Introduction to Finance and Accounting Specialization by University of Pennsylvania
U.S. Embassy, LondonEmbassy in London, England
The Embassy of the United States of America in London is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the United Kingdom. It is the largest American embassy in Western Europe and the focal point for events relating to the United States held in the United Kingdom.
Embassy of the United States, BeijingOffice in Beijing, China
The Embassy of the United States in Beijing is the diplomatic mission of the United States in China. It serves as the administrative office of the United States Ambassador to China. The embassy complex is in Chaoyang District, Beijing.
Other English Courses Offered from US Embassy
How To Apply For Open Vacancies In The US Embassy Of Khartoum
See Other Open Vacancies from here