I. Host a CEE Fellow
The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is seeking U.S.-based civil society organizations to host one or two CEE Fellows for a fully funded 3-month Practicum from June – September, 2022. To express your interest in hosting a Fellow for a U.S.-based Practicum, please complete the Host Interest Form.
Benefits of Hosting a CEE Fellow:
- Share your organization’s expertise, skills, and resources with an international young civil society leader
- Support internationalization in your organization and community
- Learn from Fellows’ unique perspectives on challenges and practices in their home communities
- Develop employees’ professional capacities by mentoring and supervising a Fellow
- Join a network of global civil society leaders
- Participate in fully funded program events including opening and closing activities
- Travel to support domestic and international program activities
Hosting Organization Requirements:
- Be a public institution, government office, social incubator, business, or non-profit organization based in the United States
- Value a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Capable of engaging a CEE Fellow with substantive work for 32 hours per week
- Be able to designate an in-house supervisor and peer support system for Fellows’ professional and leadership development
- Shares a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a passion for healthy and resilient communities
- Promotes cross-border and/or domestic initiatives in CEE program theme(s) (Youth Engagement, Women and Gender Issues, Resilience and Sustainable Development, Open and Participatory Government, and Civic Dialogue and Peacebuilding)
II. Additional Opportunities to Engage with the CEE Network
- Help recruit and select CEE Fellows: Share the CEE Program application with your networks to help IREX reach emerging civil society leaders across the world. Invest your time and expertise by serving on the Participant Selection Committee to select potential CEE Fellows.
- Nominate a CEE Specialist: Are you or someone you know skilled at solving community’s problems through civic engagement? Nominate a civil society expert to become a CEE Specialist. CEE Specialists are a select group of professionals providing mentorship, expertise, and support to CEE Fellows throughout their learning journey.
- Support CEE Program activities and networking events: Support and engage in CEE’s program activities as a sponsor, speaker, or facilitator. Event partners receive exposure to approximately 130 Fellows and organizations supporting civil society across the world.
III. Why partner with CEE?
Connect with innovative global civil society leaders: CEE Fellows are a dynamic global network of innovators working with communities to address critical 21st Century issues.
Expand your professional network and help propel civil society initiatives across the globe: Hosting and mentoring a CEE Fellow leads to new contacts and long-term international collaboration. U.S. host organizations may apply for the Community Engagement Project Exchange which will enable them to travel to a CEE Fellow’s home country to work on community-based projects.
Gain diverse perspectives and relevant expertise: Host organizations benefit from the diverse experiences and cultural backgrounds of CEE leaders who arrive with fresh perspectives and unique expertise that matches host organization’s mission and activities. (see list of countries below).
Enhance your organization’s visibility: Outstanding host organizations receive free promotion through IREX’s global network, including 700 U.S. based organizations.
Contribute to global civil society development: Your investment of time, expertise, and ideas, supports Fellows’ ability to address pressing civil society challenges in their communities.
No hosting costs: Through funding by the U.S. Department of State, IREX provides complete financial support for CEE Fellows including travel, monthly stipend, lodging, insurance, English language testing, and monitoring and support for CEE Fellow activities throughout the duration of the program.
For general questions about the program, please email [email protected]. For specific questions about hosting a CEE Fellow, contact [email protected]. A member of our team will follow up with additional information.