Professional Development for Teacher Trainers – US Embassy
About This Course
The Professional Development for Teacher Trainers MOOC, developed by Arizona State University, is designed for both new and experienced teachers and gives participants methods for creating, presenting, and evaluating effective teacher training workshops. You will gain tools and techniques for promoting professional development in your teaching context. Through participation in this course, you will develop your skills for delivering engaging and relevant teacher training.
Apply for Teaching English To Young Learners – US Embassy
This course, designed for both new and experienced teachers, gives participants methods for creating, presenting, and evaluating effective teacher training workshops. You will gain tools and techniques for promoting professional development in your teaching context. Through participation in this course, you will develop your skills for delivering engaging and relevant teacher training.
Apply for the Interactive English Language Program
In transforming your teacher skillset to a trainer skillset, this course will implement video interviews and presentations, discussions, readings, and reflective learning as you investigate your participants and identify a training need, write training objectives, develop a proposal or “pitch” for your training, and develop a plan for evaluating your training. The main outcome of the course is to have participants apply teacher training tools and strategies for impactful training in their local contexts.
This course is provided by the University of Arizona as part of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN). This program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by FHI 360.
Apply for Mastering Excel
This course will be active from September 19 to December 12, 2022. The orientation module and Module 1 will open on September 19, 2022, at 12:01 ET. This orientation is designed to help you get familiar with Canvas and how to get help. It is not mandatory.
Course Learning Objectives
- Develop an understanding of what makes a teacher training workshop successful and improves student outcomes,
- create a course outline based on your goals and objectives for your teaching context,
- Develop a plan for assessing participants to meet your goals and objectives,
- Apply evaluative concepts in a reflective way to assess training and grow professionally,
- Create a sustainable community of practice with colleagues for continued professional growth.
Apply for ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – US Embassy
Credit for Completion: Micro-credential/Badge/Certificate
There are five modules in the Professional Development for Teacher Trainers MOOC:
- Ready, Set, Transform! – Transform your teacher skillset to a trainer skillset.
- Ready, Set, Investigate! – Learn about how to investigate the context and needs of your training participants
- Ready, Set, Create! – Learn about writing worthwhile instructional objectives for your teacher training
- Ready, Set, Pitch! – Discuss how to “pitch” or propose your training to your administration and colleagues
- Ready, Set, Evaluate! – Discuss tools that can be used to evaluate your training
Check: Harvard University Free Online Courses
To receive a digital badge and certificate of participation, you must:
- Complete all modules by the course close date, December 12, 2022
- Achieve a minimum score of 70% on all quizzes
Estimated Time Per Module
To be successful in this course, you should plan to spend approximately 3-5 hours to complete each module for the course.
The course runs from September 19 to December 12, 2022. There are five modules in this course. In order to complete the modules, participants should work on and offline for 3-5 hours per module.
This is a self-paced course and assignments can be completed at any time before the close date on December 12, 2022
Course: Introduction to Finance and Accounting Specialization by University of Pennsylvania
About The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers two types of professional development opportunities for English language educators: Global Online Courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). The OPEN Program Courses are freely open for any interested participants.
All OPEN Programs courses use the latest in instructional technology to provide participants with an interactive distance-learning experience and are designed to familiarize participating teachers with current methods and issues in the field of English as a Foreign Language.
Apply for English For Media Literacy For Educators – US Embassy
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program also connects participants with U.S. English language teaching experts and creates a professional network of international colleagues.
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program offers virtual learning opportunities to foreign English language educators, professionals and learners worldwide. OPEN promotes the mutual exchange of culture and provides free access to teaching and learning materials that can be reused, adapted, and shared with others. OPEN professional development opportunities are developed by U.S. academic institutions and experts in the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Apply for ENGLISH FOR MEDIA LITERACY – US Embassy
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) offers professional development courses for English language teachers and educators, as well as other professionals around the world. The goal of the program is to increase the capacity of participants to use English effectively in their professional contexts, increase access to openly licensed learning materials, increase understanding of U.S. society, culture and values, provide opportunities for mutual exchange, and build the capacity of participants to apply what they have learned within their educational and professional communities.
Apply for ENGLISH FOR JOURNALISM – US Embassy
The OPEN program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State (Links to an external site.), Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, with funding from the U.S. government, is administered by FHI 360.
The professional development opportunities offered through the program are designed and taught by a variety of partners, including universities, non-profit companies, private sector partners, and consultants. Together, the U.S. Department of State, FHI 360, and our partners offer online professional development opportunities to English educators and learners in over 100 countries.
OPEN offers online courses on a variety of topics, including teacher training topics such as Critical Thinking, Educational Technology, Assessment, and Teaching English to Young Learners, among others, as well as English for Specific Purposes (ESP) courses such as English for Media Literacy, English for Journalism, and English Communications for Health Professionals, among others.
Enroll now in English For Science Technology And Mathematics (STEM) – US Embassy
OPEN professional development opportunities are offered entirely online. Courses are offered asynchronously via the Canvas learning management system (LMS).
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Content-based Instruction
- TESOL Methodology
- Assessment of English Language Learners
About Canvas Network
Canvas Network is an open space for educators to share, experiment, analyze, and create.
To promote OPENNESS, INNOVATION, and EXPERIMENTATION in education by providing educators access to professional development courses and programs that will help them thrive and succeed in their careers.
To Canvas Network ‘open’ means:
- Open entry and open access. Open entry for learners around the globe and continual access to course content after the course end date.
- Open content. Open licensing options and content sharing to Canvas Commons where other instructors reuse, revise, remix, retain, and redistribute content.
- Open platform and ecosystem. Open platform to integrate and innovate with third-party tools.
- Open data. Open, de-identified Canvas Network data for researchers to analyze and synthesize.
- Platform neutrality. Your course. Your goals. Your way. We provide the platform for open innovation and experimentation.
Apply for English For Career Development – US Embassy
About US Embassy
What does the US Embassy Do?
The primary purpose of an embassy is to assist American citizens who travel to or live in the host country. U.S. Foreign Service Officers also interview citizens of the host country who wish to travel to the United States for business, education, or tourism purposes.
U.S. Embassy, LondonEmbassy in London, England
The Embassy of the United States of America in London is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the United Kingdom. It is the largest American embassy in Western Europe and the focal point for events relating to the United States held in the United Kingdom.
Embassy of the United States, BeijingOffice in Beijing, China
The Embassy of the United States in Beijing is the diplomatic mission of the United States in China. It serves as the administrative office of the United States Ambassador to China. The embassy complex is in Chaoyang District, Beijing.
Other English Courses Offered by US Embassy
How To Apply For Open Vacancies In The US Embassy Of Khartoum
See Other Open Vacancies from here