English for Tourism Professionals – US Embassy
About This Course
English for Tourism Professionals is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) designed by Ohio University for tourism professionals or students in the tourism industry. This course is designed for high-beginner and low-intermediate English learners (Level A2). Learners will study the principles of the tourism profession, review key vocabulary and grammar, develop their listening skills, and build their confidence in communicating in English. Course materials and assignments include video lectures, vocabulary and grammar resource lists, readings, discussion boards, and comprehension quizzes. This is a self-paced course, which will be open for 12 weeks. Participants can complete coursework at any time during these 12 weeks. The course has 6 modules; each module will require approximately 3-5 hours of work.
This course is provided by Ohio University, as part of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program. This program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding from the U.S. government and administered by FHI 360.
Learning Objectives and Learner Outcomes:
Participants will be able to:
- discuss the key roles and tasks of tourism professionals
- showcase the history, culture, food, and tourist attractions of their region
- provide information on tourism services and itineraries
- appropriately communicate in English to provide quality customer service
- appropriately communicate in English to protect tourists and handle emergencies
- design marketing materials such as brochures, website information, and social media posts
- comprehend main ideas and details when listening and reading in English to tourism topics
- Module 1: Introduction to English for Tourism Professionals
- Module 2: Showcasing Your Culture and Region
- Module 3: Explaining Services and Itineraries
- Module 4: Providing Quality Customer Service and Explaining Options
- Module 5: Explaining Health and Safety
- Module 6: Marketing in Tourism
About The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers two types of professional development opportunities for English language educators: Global Online Courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). The OPEN Program Courses are freely open for any interested participants.
All OPEN Programs courses use the latest in instructional technology to provide participants with an interactive distance-learning experience and are designed to familiarize participating teachers with current methods and issues in the field of English as a Foreign Language.
Enroll in: WHO Courses With Free Certificates
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program also connects participants with U.S. English language teaching experts and creates a professional network of international colleagues.
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program offers virtual learning opportunities to foreign English language educators, professionals and learners worldwide. OPEN promotes the mutual exchange of culture and provides free access to teaching and learning materials that can be reused, adapted, and shared with others. OPEN professional development opportunities are developed by U.S. academic institutions and experts in the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
See: Free Online Courses From The University Of Hong Kong
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) offers professional development courses for English language teachers and educators, as well as other professionals around the world. The goal of the program is to increase the capacity of participants to use English effectively in their professional contexts, increase access to openly licensed learning materials, increase understanding of U.S. society, culture and values, provide opportunities for mutual exchange, and build the capacity of participants to apply what they have learned within their educational and professional communities.
Free Online Courses From The University Of Cambridge
The OPEN program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State (Links to an external site.), Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, with funding from the U.S. government, is administered by FHI 360.
The professional development opportunities offered through the program are designed and taught by a variety of partners, including universities, non-profit companies, private sector partners, and consultants. Together, the U.S. Department of State, FHI 360, and our partners offer online professional development opportunities to English educators and learners in over 100 countries.
Enroll for: Free Online Courses From Amazon
OPEN offers online courses on a variety of topics, including teacher training topics such as Critical Thinking, Educational Technology, Assessment, and Teaching English to Young Learners, among others, as well as English for Specific Purposes (ESP) courses such as English for Media Literacy, English for Journalism, and English Communications for Health Professionals, among others.
Enroll in: Online Courses From Huawei With Free Certificates
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Content-based Instruction
- TESOL Methodology
- Assessment of English Language Learners
for more courses visit: ITEC Courses From The Government Of India Ministry Of External Affairs
About Canvas Network
Canvas Network is an open space for educators to share, experiment, analyze, and create.
To promote OPENNESS, INNOVATION, and EXPERIMENTATION in education by providing educators access to professional development courses and programs that will help them thrive and succeed in their careers.
To Canvas Network ‘open’ means:
- Open entry and open access. Open entry for learners around the globe and continual access to course content after the course end date.
- Open content. Open licensing options and content sharing to Canvas Commons where other instructors reuse, revise, remix, retain, and redistribute content.
- Open platform and ecosystem. Open platform to integrate and innovate with third-party tools.
- Open data. Open, de-identified Canvas Network data for researchers to analyze and synthesize.
- Platform neutrality. Your course. Your goals. Your way. We provide the platform for open innovation and experimentation.
About US Embassy
What does the US Embassy Do?
The primary purpose of an embassy is to assist American citizens who travel to or live in the host country. U.S. Foreign Service Officers also interview citizens of the host country who wish to travel to the United States for business, education, or tourism purposes.
U.S. Embassy, LondonEmbassy in London, England
The Embassy of the United States of America in London is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the United Kingdom. It is the largest American embassy in Western Europe and the focal point for events relating to the United States held in the United Kingdom.
Embassy of the United States, BeijingOffice in Beijing, China
The Embassy of the United States in Beijing is the diplomatic mission of the United States in China. It serves as the administrative office of the United States Ambassador to China. The embassy complex is in Chaoyang District, Beijing.
Other English Courses Offered from US Embassy
How To Apply For Open Vacancies In The US Embassy Of Khartoum
See Other Open Vacancies from here