There is a Chinese proverb that says: Behind every capable person there are capable people. Somebody else said: I prefer to make 10 people do the work rather than do the work of 10 people.
Life & experience show us that taking care of the human capital and carefully planned teamwork gives the highest levels of results.
This course aims to train candidates on group skills and interaction with others at the workplace for the benefit of the team and the organization as a whole.
The course includes the following topics:
- The high value of teamwork
- Types of teams
- Individual styles of working within groups
- Characteristics of effective teams
- Stages of team formation: Tuckman’s model
- Trust: the main ingredient of teamwork
- Effective team communication
- Individual involvement within teams
- Problem-solving within team context
- Difficult behaviors in teams
- Practical applications
What you’ll learn
- Defining team work and highlighting its importance
- Identifying the different types of teams
- Identifying the personal team style
- Studying the 5 stages of Tuckman’s Team Formation model
- Introducing the highly effective team characteristics
- Training on collective communication skills
- Use problem solving skills in teams
- Dealing properly with difficult behaviors in teams
- Developing team spirit in organizations of all sorts
Understanding the concept of Teamwork and its types – Practical knowledge of the reasons for working within a team and its benefits – Determining the individual style of work within a team – Identifying the obstacles of the teamwork for appropriate action
Training in the stages of team building according to Tuckman – Measuring the current status of the learner’s team – the ten basic qualities of an effective team – Using the ten attributes as a checklist to continually check up on team’s state
Define the challenges of the teams and deal with them properly – Identify the difficult personalities within the team and ways to deal with them
Identify the qualities of team spirit through a range of activities – Identify personal commitments to team building
Edraak, is a massive open online course (MOOC) platform, that is an initiative of the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF). QRF is determined to ensure that the Arab world is at the forefront of educational innovation. As such, QRF has capitalized on regional Arab talent to leverage technology developed by the Harvard-MIT consortium, edX, to create the first non-profit Arabic MOOC platform. The new MOOC platform will present the Arab world with unique and vital opportunities that can be part of a necessary revolution in education and learning.
First, the platform will broadcast the best Arab professors to the region, offering original Arabic courses – developed by QRF – to further enrich Arab education. Through its partnership with edX, the platform will also give Arab learners access in Arabic to courses taught and developed at top tier institutions like HarvardX, MITX, and UC BerkelyX. All courses are delivered at no cost to the learner.
Second, QRF envisions the use of the platform to showcase Arab role models by broadcasting short online courses by practitioners and professionals from a variety of fields spanning the arts and sciences.
Finally, QRF believes that the platform will enable the Arab world to take advantage of the international interest in regional affairs to tell its own story to the world. Arab university professors and regional experts can use the platform to give courses in English about the region and its history. This will serve to inform a global audience that is interested in the region’s development.